ACE (Adverse Childhood Experiences)
This Questionnaire (10 questions total) will ask you multiple questions about events that happened during the first 18 years of your life.
This assessment does not tell you if you have PTSD (only a qualified mental health therapist can tell you that).
It simply assesses your childhood experiences to tell you how any trauma you may have experienced in childhood is affecting you now.
This is a more researched and proven test than the alternative mind betterme world trauma test (research links available at the bottom of your test results).
If you have had a traumatic experience as an adult, it is highly recommended that you reach out to a therapist to get an individualized assessment.
This test is 100% free and we do not collect or store any personal data from you, or require you to enter any personal information, to receive your results.
By clicking the "I Agree" button below, you agree to the following:
- You understand that this test is not a replacement for a diagnosis from a licensed mental health provider.
- Any negative feelings you may have as a result of taking this test is your responsibility to address.
- If you experience any negative feelings (such as sadness, feeling overwhelmed, and/or anger) while taking this test, you will stop the test and seek help from a licensed therapist.
While you were growing up, during your first 18 years of life, did a parent or other adult in the household often:
- Swear at you, insult you, put you down, or humiliate you?
- Act in a way that made you afraid that you might be physically hurt?
Did a parent or other adult in the household often:
- Push, grab, slap, or throw something at you?
- Ever hit you so hard that you had marks or were injured?
Did an adult or person at least 5 years older than you ever:
- Touch or fondle you or have you touch their body in a sexual way?
- Attempt or actually have oral, anal, or vaginal intercourse with you?
Were your parents ever separated or divorced?
Were any of your parents or other adult caregivers:
- Often pushed, grabbed, slapped, or had something thrown at them?
- Sometimes or often kicked, bitten, hit with a fist, or hit with something hard?
- Ever repeatedly hit over at least a few minutes or threatened with a gun or knife?
Did you live with anyone who was a problem drinker or alcoholic, or who used street drugs?
Was a household member depressed or mentally ill, or did a household member attempt suicide?
Did a household member go to prison?